What’s the difference between a recipe and a method? This isn’t a joke, nor a trick question, but what comes to mind when I think about these apricots.
There is so little to be said and done here that I am almost hesitant to share. But Molly did, so here is my take on her apricot recipe/method/whatever:
- Gather apricots
- Slice in half, remove stone
- Dip cut side into sugar of your choice and lay with sugared side up in a baking dish
- Split vanilla pod, scoop and scatter the seeds over the apricots (or use vanilla sugar, as I did)
- Grab a wine glass, fill with wine (I used this – it was GOOD), pour into baking dish
- Place dish in preheated oven (180 deg C) and bake for about 35 minutes (or as Molly so perfectly puts it, until the apricots feel “heavy, slack, almost jiggly, like a slightly tired water balloon’”. Excellent!
- Serve your apricots (warm or cold) with yoghurt, ice cream, nothing at all, but please don’t forget to splash some of that wine syrup over them.